Have you heard of the OneCoin Ponzi scheme? According to The New York Times, ‘OneCoin’ is one of the biggest swindles in history. If you’ve heard of it, there’s a good chance you’ve looked up the persona behind it, Ruja Ignatova. The Bulgarian lady, simply known as Ignatova, is a convicted fraudster best known for the OneCoin scheme.
|Age||39 years old|
|Parents||Plamen Ignatov/ Veska Ignatova|
|Education||University of Konstanz|
Ruja rose to prominence after the release of The Missing Cryptoqueen. The Missing Cryptoqueen is a BBC podcast series that premiered in 2019 and is based on Ruja’s OneCoin scam. Ruja Ignatova has been dubbed a “scam queen” by the New York Times.
Here are some lesser-known facts about Ruja Ignatova that you might want to know.
10 Interesting Facts About Ruja Ignatova
- Ruja Ignatova is a Bulgarian con artist best known for her OneCoin scam. She is regarded as one of the greatest con artists in human history.
- Ruja was born on May 30, 1980, and her birthday is on May 30th. Her age is 39.
- Ruja Ignatova is a Bulgarian who was born in Sofia. Her racial ethnicity is white.
- She was born to her parents, Plamen Ignatov and Veska Ignatova. According to her Wiki, she has a brother named Konstantin Ignatov.
- Her brother, Konstantin, can be found on Instagram as @ignatov_.
- US authorities have charged her with securities fraud and wire fraud. She has been on the run since 2017.
- Her OneCoin scam has a monetary value in the billions of euros.
- She is a married lady. She is married to Bjorn Strehl. It is unknown whether or not she has kids.
- You can find her on social media platforms such as Twitter and Instagram. He doesn’t seem to be into social media. Her Instagram account has only two posts, and her Twitter account has one.
- According to her Twitter page, she is currently based in London, England.