Substance use disorder is, unfortunately, a common condition. This disease affects the brain of the victim and makes them unable to control the way they use both legal and illegal drugs and substances.
Even when these substances are causing noticeable harm to the person and their lives, they find it difficult to stop. Noticing the signs and symptoms of this condition is not difficult. Visit https://www.mayoclinic.org/ to find out the various signs of different substance abuse. Sadly, merely recognizing these symptoms is not enough. For the person to get better, they need to acknowledge their condition and seek professional help.
Reaching this point of self-actualization is difficult for a lot of people and this is one of the reasons the treatment rate for this condition is relatively low. Since you are here, then it means you have taken this big step and we are so proud of you.
There are several types of addiction treatment programs, and these programs often span between given periods. In this article, we will be focusing on 30-day rehabilitation programs. You will learn what 30-day rehabilitation programs are, what to expect during the program, and how to find one around you.
30-Day Rehab Programs – What are they?
As you can guess from their name, a 30-day rehabilitation program typically lasts for one month or thereabout. The exact days of these programs often vary slightly; however, these month-long programs last between three to six weeks.
The treatment plan is often different between rehab centers, but behavioral therapy and medication-assisted treatment are usually combined to treat patients. 12-step rehabilitation meetings may also be integrated into the program to offer people battling this condition a comprehensive and structured care system.
Another thing to know about month-long rehab is that they are usually in-patient. This means that the patient has to stay in the facility for the entire period of their treatment. As treatment goes on and recovery progresses, the patient may get scheduled visiting periods when their loved ones can come to see them.
30-day rehab although short is sometimes the vehicle with which people begin their recovery journeys. They often precede other treatment plans that will ultimately help the patient achieve freedom from their addictions.
What to Expect
As we have said, several treatment services are often offered with this type of program, but not every facility offers all these services. Yet, several of them offer a mix of several treatment options.
The first thing to expect once you start the program is detox. Detox is important because it helps the body to get rid of the harmful substance in it. Because withdrawal symptoms can sometimes be very severe and even dangerous, detox has to be done in a medically supervised environment to avoid complications. You can read this article for further explanation about detoxification.
Once detoxification is complete, the work has to continue. Now, your treatment most likely will be a combination of both medical care and behavioral therapies.
Some behavioral therapies that may be used include:
· Cognitive-behavioral therapy: This can help the patient identify and then change their problematic behaviors and thoughts. With this, they can develop coping skills, identify and manage their cravings, and even develop methods to manage and avoid situations that can result in relapse.
· Motivational enhancement: This increases the patient’s motivation for treatment. It does this by addressing doubts they may have about being involved in the program, changing their behaviors, and abstinence.
· Contingency Management: In this case, recovery-oriented habits such as reaching milestones, engaging in every treatment session, and so on are reinforced.
Individual and group counseling sessions are also used in treatment plans. Some of these sessions are:
· Group counseling
· Family therapy
· Individual sessions
How to Find a 30-Day Rehab Center
To find an in-patient rehab center, you need to understand your needs and what is being offered by the facility. Doing this will help you choose a center that best suits your needs.
The first thing to do in your search for a rehabilitation center is to make a list of potential centers. You can start by doing a 30 day inpatient rehab near me search on Google. You can also ask people around you to see if they can make references for you.
Once you have your list ready, you need to choose out of them by considering the following:
1. Location: You may either choose a facility that is near you or far away from your home based on your needs. Some persons need to be away from their homes to avoid every distraction. Whereas others may prefer to stay close to their homes so that they would feel connected to their loved ones.
2. Treatment methods: The treatment plans being offered by the facility should be able to properly address all aspects of your addiction. Some facilities specialize or have a great track record with some particular type of addiction. So, make sure you choose a facility that is proficient in treating your addiction type.
3. Credentials and staff experience: You need to check the facility’s credentials, certifications, and licensing to be sure of its reputation. The facility and staffs are well-managed and make sure to also find out how experienced and skillful they are.
4. Co-occurring mental disorder treatment: A lot of persons battling addiction often have other mental health disorders like depression and anxiety. This is known as a co-occurring mental disorder or dual diagnosis. However, not all rehab centers treat people with dual diagnoses. So, if you have other re-occurring mental disorders, you must find a center that can treat these other disorders alongside your addiction.
5. Aftercare: The facility should be able to create a plan to help you stay on track even when you leave the center. Some aftercare programs facilities offer include sober living conditions, regular therapist sessions, and 12-step group meetings.
30-day rehabilitation programs can be the first step people take on their path to addiction recovery. They are often in-patient plans and involve several behavioral therapies, medication assistance, and group sessions. To find an ideal 30-day rehab program, carefully consider all the factors which have been shared above.